UPSC Recruitment 2023: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the recruitment for the National Defence Academy (NDA) in 2023. The NDA offers a prestigious opportunity for young individuals to pursue a career in the Indian Armed Forces.
In this article, we will delve into the eligibility criteria, age limit, qualifications, required documents, application procedure, and selection process for the UPSC Recruitment 2023 for the National Defence Academy.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Recruitment:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens or subjects of Bhutan or Nepal. Tibetan refugees who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanent settlement are also eligible.
- Age Limit:
- For NDA (Army Wing): Candidates should be between 16.5 and 19.5 years of age.
- For NDA (Air Force and Naval Wings): Candidates should be between 16.5 and 19.5 years of age.
Candidates applying for the National Defence Academy must fulfill the following educational qualifications:
- For Army Wing of NDA: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent from a recognized education board.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized education board.
Applicants need to gather the following documents to support their application:
- Scanned copies of passport-sized photograph and signature.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets or equivalent certificates.
- Birth certificate or proof of age.
- Certificate of eligibility (if applicable).
- Category certificate (if applicable) for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Any other relevant certificates supporting extracurricular achievements or sports achievements.
The application process for UPSC Recruitment 2023 for the National Defence Academy is conducted online. Candidates are required to follow these steps:
- Visit the official UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) and navigate to the “Examinations” section.
- Look for the NDA application notification and read it thoroughly to understand the requirements and instructions.
- Click on the provided registration link to create a new account.
- Fill in the required details in the application form, including personal information, educational qualifications, and contact information.
- Upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents, such as photographs, signature, and educational certificates.
- Pay the application fee as per the prescribed guidelines. The fee can be paid online through net banking, credit/debit card, or offline through a bank challan.
- Review the filled application form and uploaded documents for accuracy.
- Submit the application form online and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
The selection process for the National Defence Academy typically involves the following stages:
- Written Examination: Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be required to appear for a written examination conducted by the UPSC. The examination consists of two papers: Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT).
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates from the written examination will be called for an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB). The interview process includes intelligence and personality tests.
- Medical Examination: Candidates who clear the interview will undergo a thorough medical examination to ensure they meet the medical standards set by the Armed Forces.
- Final Merit List: The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the written examination, interview, and medical
Important Links for UPSC Recruitment:
Official Website: Link
Official Notification: Download