UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2023: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification for the recruitment of Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants).
The name of the posts is Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
UPSC CAPF Vacancies 2023:
|Name of the posts
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS :
(I) Nationality: No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules. Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
(II) Sex: Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandant.
What is the age limit for the applications of CAPF –in detail below;
A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August 2023, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1998 and not later than 1st August 2003.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However, the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
What is the educational qualification for the applications of CAPF –in detail below;
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
Application Procedure for the Recruitment of Central Armed Police Forces:
How to apply for the recruitment of Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of UPSC: Link
- Secondly, click on ‘One Time Registration (OTR) for Examinations’
- Thirdly, click on Proceed for filling up the online application for the examination
- Fourthly, fill up the application details
- After that, pay the application fee
- Then, pay the application fee
- At last, submit it.
Application Fees for UPSC CAPF Recruitment:
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card/UPI Payment or by using Internet Banking of any Bank. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
“Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 15.05.2023 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card/UPI Payment or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 18:00 Hours of 16.05.2023.
Note – ALL FEMALE CANDIDATES AND CANDIDATES BELONGING TO SCHEDULED CASTES/ SCHEDULED TRIBES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY ANY FEE. NO FEE EXEMPTION IS, 7 HOWEVER, AVAILABLE TO OBC/EWS CANDIDATES AND THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THE FULL PRESCRIBED FEE.
Required Documents for UPSC CAPF Recruitment:
Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/ Passport/Driving License/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form.
The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/Personality Test.
What is the salary amount for the CAPF –in detail below;
The salary amount is Rs. 44,135-1,77,500/- Per Month
UPSC CAPF Examination Date 2023:
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 06th August 2023 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz.
Candidates should note that there will be a penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Paper.
Selection Procedure for UPSC CAPF Recruitment:
What is the selection process for the recruitment of CAPF –in detail below;
The Selection Procedure/Scheme of the Examination will be as follows:
(i) Written Examination:
The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission will be held on 06th August, 2023 and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests :
Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards as specified in Appendix-VI, will be put through the Physical Efficiency Tests as indicated below :
|100 Meters race
|In 16 seconds
|In 18 seconds
|800 Meters race
|In 3 minutes 45 seconds
|In 4 minutes 45 seconds
|3.5 Meters (3 chances)
|3.0 meters (3 chances)
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)
|4.5 Meters (3 chances)
Interview/Personality Test :
Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally.
The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks. Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces.
Final Selection / Merit:
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test. (B) Syllabi of the Written Papers:-
General Ability and Intelligence The objective-type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
- General Mental Ability The questions will be designed to test logical reasoning, and quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India : The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
General Studies, Essay and Comprehension Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the 12 freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability. Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing. ———————————————————————————————
Important Dates & Links for UPSC CAPF Recruitment:
Last date of application: 16th May 2023
Official Website of UPSC: Link
Official Notification: Download