Diploma Engineering Course(Polytechnic): A diploma in Engineering is a 3-year technical degree that teaches students about fundamental principles and areas of engineering. Candidates who have passed class 10 are eligible for this programme. Admission to a diploma in engineering is done based on class 10 or 12 percentages
However, candidates who are not able to get admission in BE/BTech degree directly can apply for this programme and get direct admission via lateral entry. After completing a diploma in engineering, candidates can go for B.Tech which collectively takes them 6 years to complete their engineering (3 years diploma + 3 years B. Tech).
This course is available in a variety of fields including electrical, mechanical, computer information technology, etc. Apart from engineering, Pharmacy, fashion design, and more are available.
Diploma Engineering Course(Polytechnic)|Benefits, Admission Process and Scope:
Diploma courses are an excellent way for students to reach new heights in their careers after completing their 10th class. With a shorter duration than other courses, diplomas provide important information and skills for professional success.
The curriculum is tailored to help maximize each student’s potential while gaining knowledge of industry trends. Students also get to pick which course best fits their interests and ambitions.
Completing a diploma after 10th grade may give you better chances of achieving career goals. You’ll be able to apply directly to professional jobs where you can nurture your abilities and take your career to the next level.
Some Important Key factor about Polytechnic Courses:
Following are the key points and Highlights of the Polytechnic course
|Polytechnic Course Duration||3 years (6 Semesters)|
|Polytechnic Eligibility||10th from any Recognized Board, minimum 35 % in 10th|
|Age||Minimum of 14 years|
|Polytechnic Admission Process||Direct in Most of the Private colleges, for Government colleges Entrance exam|
|Polytechnic Course fees||as per college|
|Exam Type||Semester wise|
|Polytechnic Starting Average Salary||1.5 lakhs to 3 lakhs per year|
|Polytechnic Job profile||Junior Engineer, Teacher,|
|Placement Opportunities||Government Jobs, Electricity Department, PWD, IOCL|
Eligibility Criteria for Polytechnic Admission:
Candidates should make sure they fulfil all the factors of the eligibility criteria like educational qualification, and age limit. Go through the Diploma in Engineering eligibility criteria given below.
Age Limit: The candidate must be a minimum of 14 years of age at the time of applying for admission. There is no upper age to apply for admission to Diploma in Engineering.
- The candidate must have passed 10th with main subjects as Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry from a recognized board.
- The candidate must have acquired an aggregate of 35% in the 10th exam.
Advantages of Diploma Courses After 10th:
- The diploma is helpful for specific professions that do not require a degree-level qualification.
- A diploma allows candidates to have a rewarding job immediately after three years of enrollment.
- Diploma holders can find an engineering degree easier than that other students, as most of the basics are covered under engineering, and diplomas are the same.
- Cost-effectiveness, jobs within a short duration, the scope for higher education and career, etc., are some of the advantages of diploma courses after the 10th.
- Offers both theoretical and practical knowledge to the applicant.
- Helps the applicant to get into a professional job quickly.
- Diploma courses after 10th allow switching careers to another discipline as per interest area.
Read more: Scholarships status Check| Oikyasree and Oasis scholarships| Check status Link